G.H. Cretors, a brand of all-natural, GMO-free popcorn, made it to the big screen of Red 2 without spending any marketing dollars.
According to a release, actress Mary-Louise Parker picks up a bag of G.H. Cretors Chicago Mix during a scene that takes place in Costco and then hangs onto it for five minutes of the movie's opening until it flies everywhere during an explosion.
"We got a call out of the blue from the Red 2 production company asking if they could use a bag of our popcorn in the film," said Claire Cretors, president of G.H. Cretors. "A few papers were signed and the popcorn was in. We were astounded to discover just how prominently the G.H. Cretors brand is featured in the film and are excited to see the impact from this unexpected stardom. We have never been happier to 'Be in the Red.'"
G.H. Cretors is hosting a sweepstakes offering its Facebook fans the chance to win a variety pack of popcorn, six movie tickets and a limo ride. A winner will be chosen on Aug. 16.
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?