G.H. Cretors, a brand of all-natural, GMO-free popcorn, made it to the big screen of Red 2 without spending any marketing dollars.
According to a release, actress Mary-Louise Parker picks up a bag of G.H. Cretors Chicago Mix during a scene that takes place in Costco and then hangs onto it for five minutes of the movie's opening until it flies everywhere during an explosion.
"We got a call out of the blue from the Red 2 production company asking if they could use a bag of our popcorn in the film," said Claire Cretors, president of G.H. Cretors. "A few papers were signed and the popcorn was in. We were astounded to discover just how prominently the G.H. Cretors brand is featured in the film and are excited to see the impact from this unexpected stardom. We have never been happier to 'Be in the Red.'"
G.H. Cretors is hosting a sweepstakes offering its Facebook fans the chance to win a variety pack of popcorn, six movie tickets and a limo ride. A winner will be chosen on Aug. 16.
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile