The film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" is shown as part of Paramount Theatre's Classic Movies Mondays series at 7 p.m. at 23 E. Galena Blvd., Aurora. Cost: $1. Info: ParamountAurora.com or (630) 896-6666.
* Roselle Public Library offers a fantasy football series beginning with "Fantasy Football 101" at 7 p.m. today at 40 S. Park St., Roselle. "Fantasy Football 201" is held 7 p.m. Aug. 15 and "Fantasy Football Draft" at 7 p.m. Aug. 21. For ages 16 and older. Register: www.roselle.lib.il.us or (630) 529-1641.
Naperville Park District's Elan Dance Company performs at 6:30 p.m. and is followed by a carillon recital by Philippe Beullens of Belgium at the Millennium Carillon at the base of Rotary Hill, 443 Aurora Ave., Naperville. Free. Info: naperville-carillon.org.
* LifeSource Blood Center has a blood drive between noon and 6 p.m. at Stacy's Corner Store, 800 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn, Each donor receives a $5 Subway gift card. Bring photo ID. Appointments: (877) 543-3768 or lifesource.org, code 751C.
* NaperBridge presents an improv comedy show at 7 p.m. at Naperville Park District's Barn Recreation Center, 421 W. Martin Ave., Naperville. Info: naperbridge.org.
* Carillonneurs Lisa Lonie and Janet Tebbel of Philadelphia perform a recital at 7 p.m. at the Millennium Carillon at Rotary Hill, 443 Aurora Ave., Naperville. Free. Info: naperville- carillon.org.
* The Beatles Tribute band American English performs at 7 p.m. at Old Town Park, 111 Third St., Bloomingdale. Free. Participants welcome to bring lawn chairs and refreshments. Info: bloomingdaleparks.org or (630) 529-3650.
* Learn about Fantasy Football drafts from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Glenside Public Library, 25 E. Fullerton Ave., Glendale Heights. For ages 15 and older. Register: (630) 260-1550 or glensidepld.org.
* Festive Singers present a cabaret-style musical theater program featuring numbers from eight Broadway shows at 7 p.m. at Glenside Public Library, 25 E. Fullerton Ave., Glendale Heights. Register: (630) 260-1550 or glensidepld.org.
"Ghost Stories in the Depot with Diane Ladley" begins at 7:30 p.m. at Museums at Lisle Station Park, 921 School St., Lisle. Bring blankets for tales told under the stars. Info: (630) 968-0499 or lisleparkdistrict.org/museum.
* Naperville Municipal Band presents "Weather or Not" with the United States Navy Band of the Midwest as guests at 7:30 p.m. at the Community Concert Center in Central Park, 104 E. Benton Ave., Naperville. Free. Includes ice cream to benefit a local nonprofit group. Info: napervilleband.org or (630) 778-9994.
* Enjoy a complimentary picnic and meet Glen Ellyn Park District board members from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Babcock Park, 324 Linden St., Glen Ellyn. Info: gepark.org.
* As part of the Chicago band The Cave Dwellers, Elmhurst resident Gary Goldberg opened for the Beatles at Comiskey Park in 1965. He discusses his career as a young rock musician and is joined by Rob Sevier, a founder of Numero Group, a Chicago record label dedicated to preserving music history by reissuing vinyl compilations, at 7 p.m. at the Elmhurst Historical Museum Education Center, 120 E. Park Ave., Elmhurst. Free. Info: (630) 833-1457 or elmhhusthistory.org.
* A Back to School Ice Cream Social for students ages 5-18 in Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 is from 1 to 3 p.m. at Warrenville Public Library. 28W751 Stafford Place, Warrenville,Includes games and an end-of-the-summer read. Free. Info: (630) 393-1171.
Infant and toddler specialists from the YWCA Child Care Resource and Referral share information and resources with parents and child- care providers from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at DuPage Children's Museum, 301 N. Washington St., Naperville. Info: (630) 637-8000 or dupagechildrensmuseum.org.
* Peter Frampton's Guitar Circus -- with Peter Frampton, Sonny Landreth and B.B. King -- begins at 6:30 p.m. at RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway, Aurora. Cost: $35 general, $55 seated. Info: riveredgeaurora.com.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo