Actress and singer Lea Michele paid tribute to her late boyfriend Cory Monteith while accepting a prize at the Teen Choice Awards in Los Angeles Sunday night.
"I promise that with your love, we're going to get through this together," Michele, 26, told the audience as she picked up the prize for best actress in a TV comedy series. "He was very special to me and also to the world, and we were very lucky to witness his incredible talent, his handsome smile and his beautiful, beautiful heart. So whether you knew him personally or just as [his character] Finn Hudson, Cory reached out, and he became a part of all of our hearts and that's where he'll stay forever."
Michele also thanked fans for their love and support during "these very difficult past few weeks."
Her longtime beau and "Glee" co-star died of an accidental drug overdose July 13 at the age of 31.
The cast of the musical dramedy series recently returned to work on Season 5 during which Monteith's death will be addressed, producers have said.
The show also picked up the Teen Choice Award for best comedy series Sunday night.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007