Actress and singer Lea Michele paid tribute to her late boyfriend Cory Monteith while accepting a prize at the Teen Choice Awards in Los Angeles Sunday night.
"I promise that with your love, we're going to get through this together," Michele, 26, told the audience as she picked up the prize for best actress in a TV comedy series. "He was very special to me and also to the world, and we were very lucky to witness his incredible talent, his handsome smile and his beautiful, beautiful heart. So whether you knew him personally or just as [his character] Finn Hudson, Cory reached out, and he became a part of all of our hearts and that's where he'll stay forever."
Michele also thanked fans for their love and support during "these very difficult past few weeks."
Her longtime beau and "Glee" co-star died of an accidental drug overdose July 13 at the age of 31.
The cast of the musical dramedy series recently returned to work on Season 5 during which Monteith's death will be addressed, producers have said.
The show also picked up the Teen Choice Award for best comedy series Sunday night.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal