NEW YORK -- Katy Perry is returning to the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards.
Perry will sing her new song "Roar" live for the first time. She hasn't performed at the VMAs since 2009.
The VMAs will air live from Brooklyn on Aug. 25. Justin Timberlake and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis lead the nominations with six apiece and Bruno Mars is next at four.
"Roar," released Monday, is the first single from Perry's new album, "PRISM," due out Oct. 22. Perry's a four-time VMA winner, including top honor video of the year for "Firework."
Others announced for the show include Lady Gaga and Kanye West, who will be performing for a record-tying seventh time.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids