NEW YORK -- Katy Perry is returning to the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards.
Perry will sing her new song "Roar" live for the first time. She hasn't performed at the VMAs since 2009.
The VMAs will air live from Brooklyn on Aug. 25. Justin Timberlake and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis lead the nominations with six apiece and Bruno Mars is next at four.
"Roar," released Monday, is the first single from Perry's new album, "PRISM," due out Oct. 22. Perry's a four-time VMA winner, including top honor video of the year for "Firework."
Others announced for the show include Lady Gaga and Kanye West, who will be performing for a record-tying seventh time.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married