NEW YORK -- Katy Perry is returning to the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards.
Perry will sing her new song "Roar" live for the first time. She hasn't performed at the VMAs since 2009.
The VMAs will air live from Brooklyn on Aug. 25. Justin Timberlake and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis lead the nominations with six apiece and Bruno Mars is next at four.
"Roar," released Monday, is the first single from Perry's new album, "PRISM," due out Oct. 22. Perry's a four-time VMA winner, including top honor video of the year for "Firework."
Others announced for the show include Lady Gaga and Kanye West, who will be performing for a record-tying seventh time.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs