NEW YORK -- Katy Perry is returning to the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards.
Perry will sing her new song "Roar" live for the first time. She hasn't performed at the VMAs since 2009.
The VMAs will air live from Brooklyn on Aug. 25. Justin Timberlake and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis lead the nominations with six apiece and Bruno Mars is next at four.
"Roar," released Monday, is the first single from Perry's new album, "PRISM," due out Oct. 22. Perry's a four-time VMA winner, including top honor video of the year for "Firework."
Others announced for the show include Lady Gaga and Kanye West, who will be performing for a record-tying seventh time.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?