Katy Perry's love life has been tumultuous to say the least, what with divorcing
Russell Brand and dating on-off boyfriend (and love rat) John Mayer.
So it's good to hear that she's been doing something constructive and pouring all her emotions into her songs.
Talking to Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills, she reveals: "This new song is called Raw. It's a bit of a self-empowering type of song.
"I wrote it because I was sick of keeping all these feelings inside and not speaking up for myself, which caused a lot of resentment. Obviously I've been through a lot of therapy since my last record and that's what this is about."
Katy, who has also undergone a vamped-up makeover, added that she's planning to auction off her bubblegum-pop stage costumes.
She tells Scott: "I have a warehouse here in LA and I'll probably do an Elton Johntype auction. But I am still going to be bringing the bling. You'll see a bit more of a grown-up version of me, which does not equal boring." I wouldn't worry, Katy, you're hardly mutton dressed as lamb.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response