Katy Perry's love life has been tumultuous to say the least, what with divorcing
Russell Brand and dating on-off boyfriend (and love rat) John Mayer.
So it's good to hear that she's been doing something constructive and pouring all her emotions into her songs.
Talking to Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills, she reveals: "This new song is called Raw. It's a bit of a self-empowering type of song.
"I wrote it because I was sick of keeping all these feelings inside and not speaking up for myself, which caused a lot of resentment. Obviously I've been through a lot of therapy since my last record and that's what this is about."
Katy, who has also undergone a vamped-up makeover, added that she's planning to auction off her bubblegum-pop stage costumes.
She tells Scott: "I have a warehouse here in LA and I'll probably do an Elton Johntype auction. But I am still going to be bringing the bling. You'll see a bit more of a grown-up version of me, which does not equal boring." I wouldn't worry, Katy, you're hardly mutton dressed as lamb.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia