Victories At Sea THE BULL'S HEAD, MOSELEY HAS Birmingham's music scene ever been so exciting or diverse? I very much doubt it.
Here, courtesy of Brum Notes magazine's August issue launch party, were three more brilliantly talented acts to hail from the city. Headliners Victories At Sea have just released an EP and they certainly appear to have mastered the live performance as well, building epic walls of sound, using atmospheric guitars as their cement. Then there's I Am Anushka, a singersongwriter whose vocals were almost as impressive as her piano playing.
Using (presumably Twitter) "trends" and even TV shows about alien abductees as inspiration for her songs, she exudes confidence and star quality making her one to watch.
FF Korova, with their distant vocals and synth-heavy sonic assaults, reminiscent of Primal Scream, could also be ones for the future.
Verdict: PAUL SU
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe