Victories At Sea THE BULL'S HEAD, MOSELEY HAS Birmingham's music scene ever been so exciting or diverse? I very much doubt it.
Here, courtesy of Brum Notes magazine's August issue launch party, were three more brilliantly talented acts to hail from the city. Headliners Victories At Sea have just released an EP and they certainly appear to have mastered the live performance as well, building epic walls of sound, using atmospheric guitars as their cement. Then there's I Am Anushka, a singersongwriter whose vocals were almost as impressive as her piano playing.
Using (presumably Twitter) "trends" and even TV shows about alien abductees as inspiration for her songs, she exudes confidence and star quality making her one to watch.
FF Korova, with their distant vocals and synth-heavy sonic assaults, reminiscent of Primal Scream, could also be ones for the future.
Verdict: PAUL SU
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25