Victories At Sea THE BULL'S HEAD, MOSELEY HAS Birmingham's music scene ever been so exciting or diverse? I very much doubt it.
Here, courtesy of Brum Notes magazine's August issue launch party, were three more brilliantly talented acts to hail from the city. Headliners Victories At Sea have just released an EP and they certainly appear to have mastered the live performance as well, building epic walls of sound, using atmospheric guitars as their cement. Then there's I Am Anushka, a singersongwriter whose vocals were almost as impressive as her piano playing.
Using (presumably Twitter) "trends" and even TV shows about alien abductees as inspiration for her songs, she exudes confidence and star quality making her one to watch.
FF Korova, with their distant vocals and synth-heavy sonic assaults, reminiscent of Primal Scream, could also be ones for the future.
Verdict: PAUL SU
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet