Victories At Sea THE BULL'S HEAD, MOSELEY HAS Birmingham's music scene ever been so exciting or diverse? I very much doubt it.
Here, courtesy of Brum Notes magazine's August issue launch party, were three more brilliantly talented acts to hail from the city. Headliners Victories At Sea have just released an EP and they certainly appear to have mastered the live performance as well, building epic walls of sound, using atmospheric guitars as their cement. Then there's I Am Anushka, a singersongwriter whose vocals were almost as impressive as her piano playing.
Using (presumably Twitter) "trends" and even TV shows about alien abductees as inspiration for her songs, she exudes confidence and star quality making her one to watch.
FF Korova, with their distant vocals and synth-heavy sonic assaults, reminiscent of Primal Scream, could also be ones for the future.
Verdict: PAUL SU
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays