'Viva! El Paso comes to a close this weekend
With its future up in the air, one thing we can say for sure is that the 36th annual edition of "Viva! El Paso," 400 years of local history in song and dance, comes to a close with performances at 8:30 p.m. today and Saturday at McKelligon Canyon Amphitheater.
MUTS ranchera night
returns for finale
It wouldn't be a Music Under the Stars without ranchera music on the closing night, right? After a one-year absence, mariachi music returns to the free concert series as it winds down its 30th season at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Chamizal National Memorial, 800 S. San Marcial. Los Arrieros will headline the city-run series. Get there early!
Music helps PCFF sequel wind down
There's a musical side to the sixth Plaza Classic Film Festival, which ends Sunday. Highlights include tonight's showing of "Meet Me in St. Louis" with Margaret O'Brien, Queen and David Bowie documentaries and a Sunday finale of the silent film "The Thief of Bagdad" accompanied by organist
Rodeo rounds up its final competition
The cowboys and cowgirls competing in 84th annual edition of the Southwestern International PRCA Rodeo get their last chances to accumulate some points today through Sunday at the El Paso County Coliseum, its first time there in seven years. Performances are at 7:30 p.m. today-Saturday, 5 p.m. Sunday.
You are getting very sleepy ...
Comedian and hypnotist The Sandman will have people clucking like chickens, and worse, with his final performances today through Sunday at the El Paso Comic Strip, 1201 Airway. Shows are at 8:30 and 10:45 p.m. today-Saturday, 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?