LOS ANGELES - The UP cable channel said Valerie Harper is filming a TV movie in Canada.
The movie, titled "The Town that Came A-Courtin', is based on a novel by Ronda Rich and also stars Lauren Holly, Cameron Bancroft and Lucie Guest.
UP, which described the movie as an uplifting romance, said Wednesday it welcomed the "inspirational" Harper as part of the project.
In March, the 73-year-old actress said she's been diagnosed with a rare, incurable brain cancer but that she intended to live each moment fully.
Harper gained fame playing Rhoda Morgenstern on television's "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "Rhoda."
UP's "The Town that Came A-Courtin'" will air in January 2014, the channel said. It's being shot in Vancouver, British Columbia.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers