LOS ANGELES - The UP cable channel said Valerie Harper is filming a TV movie in Canada.
The movie, titled "The Town that Came A-Courtin', is based on a novel by Ronda Rich and also stars Lauren Holly, Cameron Bancroft and Lucie Guest.
UP, which described the movie as an uplifting romance, said Wednesday it welcomed the "inspirational" Harper as part of the project.
In March, the 73-year-old actress said she's been diagnosed with a rare, incurable brain cancer but that she intended to live each moment fully.
Harper gained fame playing Rhoda Morgenstern on television's "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "Rhoda."
UP's "The Town that Came A-Courtin'" will air in January 2014, the channel said. It's being shot in Vancouver, British Columbia.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security