LOS ANGELES - The UP cable channel said Valerie Harper is filming a TV movie in Canada.
The movie, titled "The Town that Came A-Courtin', is based on a novel by Ronda Rich and also stars Lauren Holly, Cameron Bancroft and Lucie Guest.
UP, which described the movie as an uplifting romance, said Wednesday it welcomed the "inspirational" Harper as part of the project.
In March, the 73-year-old actress said she's been diagnosed with a rare, incurable brain cancer but that she intended to live each moment fully.
Harper gained fame playing Rhoda Morgenstern on television's "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "Rhoda."
UP's "The Town that Came A-Courtin'" will air in January 2014, the channel said. It's being shot in Vancouver, British Columbia.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers