LOS ANGELES - The UP cable channel said Valerie Harper is filming a TV movie in Canada.
The movie, titled "The Town that Came A-Courtin', is based on a novel by Ronda Rich and also stars Lauren Holly, Cameron Bancroft and Lucie Guest.
UP, which described the movie as an uplifting romance, said Wednesday it welcomed the "inspirational" Harper as part of the project.
In March, the 73-year-old actress said she's been diagnosed with a rare, incurable brain cancer but that she intended to live each moment fully.
Harper gained fame playing Rhoda Morgenstern on television's "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "Rhoda."
UP's "The Town that Came A-Courtin'" will air in January 2014, the channel said. It's being shot in Vancouver, British Columbia.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges