Town and Country Public Library, 320 E. North St. in Elburn, will host its annual Summer Reading Grand Finale from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2.
This evening marks the culmination of the library's "Have Book, Will Travel" Summer Reading program. Bring a friend. This evening will certainly be a trip worth taking. Everyone is welcome.
Library volunteers will serve hot dogs, chips, cookies and water under the tent. Or stop by the Sparkles Entertainment booth and they will paint a design on your face or arm.
From 5 to 6 p.m., check out the balloon sculptures that award- winning balloon artist Dave Marcus will make during this hour.
At 5:30 p.m., Jutta & the Hi-Dukes is a family band that will transport you on an exploration of culture as you get your feet grooving to everything from Greek dancing to Dixieland Rags. The band will get you on the right foot by showing you how to do the fun, traditional dances that fit with the music. This is an outdoor performance, so bring a lawn chair or blanket.
At 6:30 p.m., they will move indoors for the next show. Dave Marcus returns for a comedy magic and storytelling show with lots of audience participation. Marcus will show children and adults how to discover the fun of magic and the magic in books.
At 7:30 p.m., The Reamtet concludes the library's grand finale and Summer Reading program with a jazz/rock show aiming to cross some musical lines while appealing to a diverse audience. Their outdoor performance will feature jazz standards and original compositions.
For details, call (630) 365-2244 or visit .
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida