Singer and actress Kristin Chenoweth mocked New York City mayoral candidate
Anthony Weiner's sexting scandal with a parody of the Broadway tune "Popular."
The former "Wicked" star performed the song on Tuesday's edition of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."
"You will be popular/the right kind of popular," Chenoweth sang. "I'll teach you to zip your fly/ you won't be that guy with a camera down his pants."
The silly song lyrics also included the lines: "They'll think you've become a monk/though they've seen your junk. Now you'll play a different show."
Despite calls for his withdrawal in the wake of the sexting scandal, Weiner has refused to leave the mayoral race even though only 16 percent of primary voters support him.
Weiner last month admitted sending sexually explicit online messages to a younger woman long after the same behavior forced him to leave Congress in 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief