Singer and actress Kristin Chenoweth mocked New York City mayoral candidate
Anthony Weiner's sexting scandal with a parody of the Broadway tune "Popular."
The former "Wicked" star performed the song on Tuesday's edition of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."
"You will be popular/the right kind of popular," Chenoweth sang. "I'll teach you to zip your fly/ you won't be that guy with a camera down his pants."
The silly song lyrics also included the lines: "They'll think you've become a monk/though they've seen your junk. Now you'll play a different show."
Despite calls for his withdrawal in the wake of the sexting scandal, Weiner has refused to leave the mayoral race even though only 16 percent of primary voters support him.
Weiner last month admitted sending sexually explicit online messages to a younger woman long after the same behavior forced him to leave Congress in 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW