Jay Chou's second film pockets 118 million yuan
BEIJING, July 31 (Xinhua) -- Jay Chou's second film "Rooftop" raked in 118 million yuan (19.2 million U.S. dollars) as of Tuesday following its debut in Chinese theaters on July 11.
Wu Xuedan, a producer of the film, said Wednesday that the film was chosen as the closing night presentation of the New York Asian Film Festival, which lasted from June 28 to July 15.
Wu said she hopes the film can be an inspiration for Chinese filmmakers aspiring to tap into the "action-musical" genre.
Chou is the leading actor in the film, while model-turned- actress Li Xin'ai is the leading actress.
Chou's first film "Secret," a romance set in high school, was a winner at the Golden Horse Film Awards in 2007.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Democrats' Control of Senate Could Depend on Women