Jay Chou's second film pockets 118 million yuan
BEIJING, July 31 (Xinhua) -- Jay Chou's second film "Rooftop" raked in 118 million yuan (19.2 million U.S. dollars) as of Tuesday following its debut in Chinese theaters on July 11.
Wu Xuedan, a producer of the film, said Wednesday that the film was chosen as the closing night presentation of the New York Asian Film Festival, which lasted from June 28 to July 15.
Wu said she hopes the film can be an inspiration for Chinese filmmakers aspiring to tap into the "action-musical" genre.
Chou is the leading actor in the film, while model-turned- actress Li Xin'ai is the leading actress.
Chou's first film "Secret," a romance set in high school, was a winner at the Golden Horse Film Awards in 2007.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status
- New Iran Sanctions Should Be Put Off for Now, Banking Chief Urges