Jay Chou's second film pockets 118 million yuan
BEIJING, July 31 (Xinhua) -- Jay Chou's second film "Rooftop" raked in 118 million yuan (19.2 million U.S. dollars) as of Tuesday following its debut in Chinese theaters on July 11.
Wu Xuedan, a producer of the film, said Wednesday that the film was chosen as the closing night presentation of the New York Asian Film Festival, which lasted from June 28 to July 15.
Wu said she hopes the film can be an inspiration for Chinese filmmakers aspiring to tap into the "action-musical" genre.
Chou is the leading actor in the film, while model-turned- actress Li Xin'ai is the leading actress.
Chou's first film "Secret," a romance set in high school, was a winner at the Golden Horse Film Awards in 2007.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001