Honda Motor Co said Wednesday its operating profit
for the April-to-June quarter rose 5.1 per cent from a year earlier
to 185 billion yen (1.89 billion dollars) due mainly to the yen's
The value of sales rose 16.3 per cent to 2.83 trillion yen. Honda however reported a 7-per-cent decline in its net profit to 122.5 billion yen for the quarter.
Honda said Friday its domestic vehicle production fell 40.3 per cent during the first half of 2013 to 350,715 units, while its output in other Asian countries jumped 25.2 per cent to about 651,938.
The carmaker's shipments from Japan for the same period declined 14.6 per cent to 368,026, Honda said.
Honda maintained its net profit outlook at 580 billion yen and operating profit forecast at 780 billion yen for the financial year to March 2014, while sales were predicted at 12.1 trillion yen.
Shares in Honda closed down 2.16 per cent Wednesday ahead of the earnings report, which was released after the markets closed.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges