Honda Motor Co said Wednesday its operating profit
for the April-to-June quarter rose 5.1 per cent from a year earlier
to 185 billion yen (1.89 billion dollars) due mainly to the yen's
The value of sales rose 16.3 per cent to 2.83 trillion yen. Honda however reported a 7-per-cent decline in its net profit to 122.5 billion yen for the quarter.
Honda said Friday its domestic vehicle production fell 40.3 per cent during the first half of 2013 to 350,715 units, while its output in other Asian countries jumped 25.2 per cent to about 651,938.
The carmaker's shipments from Japan for the same period declined 14.6 per cent to 368,026, Honda said.
Honda maintained its net profit outlook at 580 billion yen and operating profit forecast at 780 billion yen for the financial year to March 2014, while sales were predicted at 12.1 trillion yen.
Shares in Honda closed down 2.16 per cent Wednesday ahead of the earnings report, which was released after the markets closed.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades