Fox says it's launching an American version of a popular British crime drama _ and U.S. viewers will get to sample the original series beginning next week.
The network will start production of "Broadchurch" in January for airing during the 2014-15 season.
Set in a small U.S. town, it will follow the mysterious death of a young boy found on a local beach.
No casting was announced.
The series is being adapted from the original series, which begins airing on BBC America on Aug. 7. This series is set in England and stars David Tennant.
A hit in Britain, "Broadchurch" drew more than 10 million viewers there for its season finale.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer