Denzel Washington is to play Walter Lee Younger in the Broadway revival of Lorraine Hansberry's drama "A Raisin in the Sun," producers announced Thursday.
Kenny Leon is to direct the play, which will co-star Diahann Carroll as Lena Younger in her first Broadway role in more than 30 years.
Washington won a Tony Award for his last Broadway appearance in "Fences," which was also helmed by Leon.
Previews of "A Raisin in the Sun" are to begin March 8, with opening night set for April 3 at the Barrymore Theatre where the original production opened 55 years ago.
Co-starring Sophie Okonedo and Anika Noni Rose, the revival is a limited engagement set to run 14 weeks through June 15.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals