Denzel Washington is to play Walter Lee Younger in the Broadway revival of Lorraine Hansberry's drama "A Raisin in the Sun," producers announced Thursday.
Kenny Leon is to direct the play, which will co-star Diahann Carroll as Lena Younger in her first Broadway role in more than 30 years.
Washington won a Tony Award for his last Broadway appearance in "Fences," which was also helmed by Leon.
Previews of "A Raisin in the Sun" are to begin March 8, with opening night set for April 3 at the Barrymore Theatre where the original production opened 55 years ago.
Co-starring Sophie Okonedo and Anika Noni Rose, the revival is a limited engagement set to run 14 weeks through June 15.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Broadband Policies Could Mean 11,000 Jobs
- William Morris Endeavor Eats up IMG
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages