A PROFESSIONAL Britney Spears lookalike from Ilkeston has made an appearance on live TV down under.
Michaela Weeks appeared by satellite on Australia's Channel 9 show Mornings, where she talked about her career impersonating the pop queen. The 25-year-old was filmed in a BBC studio in Nottingham at midnight UK time.
Despite the long night, Michaela said she was thrilled to be interviewed for her first piece of live television.
She said: I was very nervous because I was looking into a blank screen so couldn't see their reaction to what I was saying.
During the interview, the hosts asked her how she became a lookalike and how she formed her career. Michaela has previously appeared on the BBC3 show Don't Tell The Bride, where she was booked by a groom for his wedding despite his partner not knowing. She also featured in a music video for band the Kaiser Chiefs for their song The Kinda Girl You Are.
Fame game: Michaela Weeks, from Ilkeston.
She has now got a taste for live television: I'd love to appear on a breakfast show here in the UK, or any live television all over the world, she added.
I've had a lot of friends and family who have since watched it on the internet and thought it went really well.
SEE THE VIDEO OF MICHAELA AT www.nottinghampost.com
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street