The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa offers a triple bill of musical acts with Mexican heritages, whose music also is influenced by rock 'n' roll. Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys and Alejandro Escovedo, above, will perform Friday at the casino's Music Box theater.
Other entertainers in Atlantic City on Saturday include a sold-out show by comedian Kevin James in Borgata's Event Center and an evening with the rock band Kansas in the Showroom at Tropicana Casino and Resort.
For tickets to these and all other area shows, visit pressofatlanticcity.com/
Director Guillermo del Toro, who helmed "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Hellboy," returns with sci-fi action movie "Pacific Rim." Giant robots piloted by humans are deployed to fight off the menace when an alien attack threatens the Earth's existence. The film, starring Idris Elba, above, hits theaters Friday.
The comedy "Grown Ups 2" also opens this week.
Singer-songwriter Ciara returns with her first full-length CD in more than two years. The CD, titled "Ciara," will be released Tuesday. She is reunited with former Pleasantville music producer Rodney Jerkins on the disc.
"The Bridge," which premieres 10 p.m. Wednesday on FX, follows two police detectives - one from this country, one from Mexico - as they try to catch a serial killer menacing both nations along the Mexico-Texas border.
The series stars Diane Kruger, above, from the movies "Inglourious Basterds" and "Troy" and Demian Bichir, an Oscar nominee for playing an illegal immigrant in 2011's "A Better Life."
(C) 2013 pressofAtlanticCity.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets