The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa offers a triple bill of musical acts with Mexican heritages, whose music also is influenced by rock 'n' roll. Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys and Alejandro Escovedo, above, will perform Friday at the casino's Music Box theater.
Other entertainers in Atlantic City on Saturday include a sold-out show by comedian Kevin James in Borgata's Event Center and an evening with the rock band Kansas in the Showroom at Tropicana Casino and Resort.
For tickets to these and all other area shows, visit pressofatlanticcity.com/
Director Guillermo del Toro, who helmed "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Hellboy," returns with sci-fi action movie "Pacific Rim." Giant robots piloted by humans are deployed to fight off the menace when an alien attack threatens the Earth's existence. The film, starring Idris Elba, above, hits theaters Friday.
The comedy "Grown Ups 2" also opens this week.
Singer-songwriter Ciara returns with her first full-length CD in more than two years. The CD, titled "Ciara," will be released Tuesday. She is reunited with former Pleasantville music producer Rodney Jerkins on the disc.
"The Bridge," which premieres 10 p.m. Wednesday on FX, follows two police detectives - one from this country, one from Mexico - as they try to catch a serial killer menacing both nations along the Mexico-Texas border.
The series stars Diane Kruger, above, from the movies "Inglourious Basterds" and "Troy" and Demian Bichir, an Oscar nominee for playing an illegal immigrant in 2011's "A Better Life."
(C) 2013 pressofAtlanticCity.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight