July 10--MUMBAI -- The courageous story of the "Flying Sikh" -- India's most successful ever track athlete, who overcame childhood tragedy to seek Olympic glory -- is the latest Bollywood biopic to hit cinemas.
"I feel great actually, I'm really proud to be a part of this film. I love working with Rakeysh Mehra, so to be a part of Milkha is amazing because it's such an inspirational story, and the inspiration for Milkha is my character, so I think it's beautiful being a part of the story," said lead actress in the movie Sonam Kapoor.
"For me the reason I did Bhaag Milkha Bhaag was because it was an outstanding script, I wanted to work with Farhan Akhtar and I wanted to again work with Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. My role is a pivotal role, and it was an honor to play the part," she said.
Kapoor charged only Rs. 11 for her role in the film.
"They had a budget and they told me they can't give money and that's why I said give Rs. 11 and I will do the film. I love Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. For me he is somebody who gave me a lot of confidence and helped me open up. I went through a bad patch after Saawariya. When I went on the sets of 'Delhi 6' he made me feel beautiful and made me feel talented. I was a young kid and wasn't confident about who I am and he gave me the confidence and I will always be grateful for that. I did Bhaag Milkha Bhaag for Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. Even if he asked me to walk backwards in the frame I would do it."
(c)2013 the Arab News (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
Visit the Arab News (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia) at www.arabnews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping