Meredith Vieira is returning to daytime TV with a syndicated talk show.
Producer NBCUniversal says "The Meredith Vieira Show" will launch in autumn 2014 as a weekday program that will "make viewers laugh, learn and feel inspired."
NBC said Tuesday the New York-based show will be taped on a set that resembles Vieira's home, including her actual furniture and family photos.
The 59-year-old Vieira was a morning favorite as co-host of NBC's "Today" show from 2006 to 2011. She now serves as a special correspondent for NBC News programming including "Today" and "NBC Nightly News." From 1997 to 2006, she was moderator of ABC's "The View."
Vieira also hosted the syndicated game show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" from 2002 until this season. She's the winner of 14 Emmys.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up