A Golden Corral in eastern Florida is under investigation after an online video
showed its kitchen piled with garbage and dirty dishes, health officials say.
The video was posted on YouTube by Brandon Huber, an employee at the Port Orange restaurant, who called hygiene conditions at the buffet restaurant "disgusting," ABC News reported Tuesday.
The video has been viewed more than 280,000 times and more than 2,500 people have left comments.
"Apparently what my company likes to do to get ready for inspections is to put their food by the Dumpster," Huber says on the video. Flies circling raw hamburger patties alongside a trash bin are seen.
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation said the Division of Hotels and Restaurants had launched an investigation of the restaurant.
Golden Corral, which operates 500 restaurants in more than 30 states, said in a statement that none of the food shown in the video had been served to customers and that it was destroyed within an hour.
The manager of the restaurant has been fired. Huber has been placed on paid leave.
Here's the video:
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- U.S. Economy Added 175,000 Jobs in February