A Golden Corral in eastern Florida is under investigation after an online video
showed its kitchen piled with garbage and dirty dishes, health officials say.
The video was posted on YouTube by Brandon Huber, an employee at the Port Orange restaurant, who called hygiene conditions at the buffet restaurant "disgusting," ABC News reported Tuesday.
The video has been viewed more than 280,000 times and more than 2,500 people have left comments.
"Apparently what my company likes to do to get ready for inspections is to put their food by the Dumpster," Huber says on the video. Flies circling raw hamburger patties alongside a trash bin are seen.
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation said the Division of Hotels and Restaurants had launched an investigation of the restaurant.
Golden Corral, which operates 500 restaurants in more than 30 states, said in a statement that none of the food shown in the video had been served to customers and that it was destroyed within an hour.
The manager of the restaurant has been fired. Huber has been placed on paid leave.
Here's the video:
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries