J The Attorney General of Egypt Abdel Maguid Mahmoud officially resigned
on Tuesday, Al Jazeera reported.
The day before, the current Prime Minister of Egypt Hesham Qandil, resigned as a sign of protest against events in the country.
Clashes between supporters and opponents of Mohamed Morsi have not stopped after the Egyptian military suspended the constitution and ousted the Egyptian president last Wednesday.
Egyptian Islamists do not recognize these decisions and demand that Morsi, who was legally elected, be allowed to return to power.
(c)2013 Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan)
Visit Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan) at en.trend.az
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama