J The Attorney General of Egypt Abdel Maguid Mahmoud officially resigned
on Tuesday, Al Jazeera reported.
The day before, the current Prime Minister of Egypt Hesham Qandil, resigned as a sign of protest against events in the country.
Clashes between supporters and opponents of Mohamed Morsi have not stopped after the Egyptian military suspended the constitution and ousted the Egyptian president last Wednesday.
Egyptian Islamists do not recognize these decisions and demand that Morsi, who was legally elected, be allowed to return to power.
(c)2013 Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan)
Visit Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan) at en.trend.az
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Samsung Launches Milk Music