LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 07/09/13 -- The drive to recruit 1,500 employees for a variety of positions at the new Center Parcs Woburn Forest village has now started.
Positions which are currently available include Housekeeping Head of Department, Senior Rangers, Food and Beverage Operations Manager and Executive Sous Chef.
The GBP 250 million village in Bedfordshire, due to open in spring 2014, is creating many job opportunities and over the next few months more than 500 housekeeper roles - the single largest part of the recruitment process - will become available.
Led by Tracey Purser, the newly appointed Woburn Forest HR Manager, the recruitment process will take place over a six month period and all positions are expected to be filled by January 2014 with a start date of spring 2014.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to assessment days which will take place near the Woburn Forest site.
Martin Dalby, Chief Executive, Center Parcs UK, said: "As the job market remains unsteady, I'm delighted that we are able to create such a large number of new jobs and offer people an exciting and rewarding career. Our employees play an important role during our guests' short breaks with us and I'm confident that the Woburn Forest team will recruit 1,500 enthusiastic individuals who truly reflect our brand values."
As a Center Parcs employee, individuals will have access to the business' rewards and benefits package, including a pension plan, discounted breaks and a variety of training and development initiatives.
Tracey Purser, HR Manager, Center Parcs Woburn Forest, commented: "The opening of our fifth village is a really exciting time and it is crucial that we employ a strong team who can deliver high levels of customer service to every guest. We're looking for people who have the right attitude, strong personality, a passion for the leisure industry and perhaps, more importantly, take pride in their work."
The phased recruitment is now underway and interested applicants should visit: www.centerparcscareers.co.uk to find out more.
Some of the other opportunities at Center Parcs Woburn Forest will include:
-- 53 spa therapists-- 3 Spa Suite concierges-- 6 nurses-- 3 HR advisors-- 50 lifeguards-- 126 waiting staff-- 19 nursery nurses-- 27 outdoor activities/pursuits instructors-- 1 village bookkeeper-- 3 cycle centre mechanics-- 10 maintenance technicians-- 2 Energy Centre technicians
Woburn Forest will be Center Parcs' fifth UK village and will comprise 625 forest lodges, a 75 bedroom hotel, spa with six associated spa suites and two leisure buildings including indoor sports facilities, restaurants and retail outlets. It will also include outdoor sports and leisure facilities and a lake.
Advanced bookings are now available for short breaks to be taken between 1st September and 18th December 2014.
Notes to Editors:
Center Parcs Woburn Forest
Center Parcs is the UK's leading short breaks operator and every year over 1.7 million guests stay at the existing four villages each set in 400 acres of woodland. In spring 2014 Center Parcs Woburn Forest will open, a perfect location for families in London and the South East. Once Woburn Forest opens, there will be a Center Parcs within easy reach of a majority of all UK families. This is an opportunity to bring something new to the Center Parcs family with a number of exciting new concepts which will be announced over the next few months.
For more information or to view a 3D visualisation of how Woburn Forest will look at opening visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburnforest.
1. Center Parcs has four forest locations across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire and Whinfell Forest in Cumbria with its fifth village, Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire due to open in spring 2014
2. As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, in 2012/13 Center Parcs achieved an average annual occupancy of 97.2%
3. Center Parcs offers short weekend breaks (Friday to Monday) or midweek breaks (Monday to Friday) all year round and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
4. The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation and exceptional leisure facilities, set within 400 acres of protected forest environment
5. This Center Parcs concept originated in Holland in 1967 and Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
6. In June Center Parcs released advanced booking availability for its new GBP 250 million village, Woburn Forest. Guests can book short breaks to be taken between 1st September and 18th December 2014 and will be able to choose from a stay in either one of the 625 forest lodges or the 75 bedroom hotel
7. Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Tommy Award for Best UK Holiday Provider, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
8. Center Parcs has recently been awarded gold by Prima Baby and Pregnancy magazine for 'Best family friendly holiday' and announced 'Best UK Family Holiday Provider' in the Tommy's Baby Friendly awards for the tenth year in a row
For more information or images please contact the
Center Parcs press office team:
0207 025 6572
0207 025 6539