A woman from Texas has been accused of using her baby to shield herself from
Walmart security officials, then abandoning the child, police said.
Investigators said Kristen Reeves, 24, who has been arrested three times for shoplifting, was seen Wednesday on security cameras taking a cellphone at a store in northwest Harris County and then trying to return it for a refund, KHOU-TV, Houston, reported..
Later, when being questioned by loss-prevention officers, Reeves allegedly used her 15-month-old daughter as a shield, putting the little girl between herself and the officers, investigators said.
Reeves then ran out of the store, leaving the baby behind, police said.
Sheriff's deputies said Reeves later returned to the store, was arrested and charged with theft and child endangerment.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000