A woman from Texas has been accused of using her baby to shield herself from
Walmart security officials, then abandoning the child, police said.
Investigators said Kristen Reeves, 24, who has been arrested three times for shoplifting, was seen Wednesday on security cameras taking a cellphone at a store in northwest Harris County and then trying to return it for a refund, KHOU-TV, Houston, reported..
Later, when being questioned by loss-prevention officers, Reeves allegedly used her 15-month-old daughter as a shield, putting the little girl between herself and the officers, investigators said.
Reeves then ran out of the store, leaving the baby behind, police said.
Sheriff's deputies said Reeves later returned to the store, was arrested and charged with theft and child endangerment.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight