A woman from Texas has been accused of using her baby to shield herself from
Walmart security officials, then abandoning the child, police said.
Investigators said Kristen Reeves, 24, who has been arrested three times for shoplifting, was seen Wednesday on security cameras taking a cellphone at a store in northwest Harris County and then trying to return it for a refund, KHOU-TV, Houston, reported..
Later, when being questioned by loss-prevention officers, Reeves allegedly used her 15-month-old daughter as a shield, putting the little girl between herself and the officers, investigators said.
Reeves then ran out of the store, leaving the baby behind, police said.
Sheriff's deputies said Reeves later returned to the store, was arrested and charged with theft and child endangerment.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Joseph Swedish: WellPoint Readies for Tech Wave
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks