A woman from Texas has been accused of using her baby to shield herself from
Walmart security officials, then abandoning the child, police said.
Investigators said Kristen Reeves, 24, who has been arrested three times for shoplifting, was seen Wednesday on security cameras taking a cellphone at a store in northwest Harris County and then trying to return it for a refund, KHOU-TV, Houston, reported..
Later, when being questioned by loss-prevention officers, Reeves allegedly used her 15-month-old daughter as a shield, putting the little girl between herself and the officers, investigators said.
Reeves then ran out of the store, leaving the baby behind, police said.
Sheriff's deputies said Reeves later returned to the store, was arrested and charged with theft and child endangerment.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms