Vargas Llosa joins 'Words with Gods'
Peruvian writer Mario Vargas Llosa, winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature joins the team of Guillermo Arriaga for his film "Words with Gods." Arriaga announced the addition of Llosa as the curator of the nine stories that give life to "Words with Gods," while British musician Peter Gabriel will be in charge of composing the music for the start of the film and the musical score for the closing credits.
"We are very grateful with the generosity of Vargas Llosa and Peter Gabriel, who gladly accepted to be part of this project," said the Mexican writer and filmmaker. "Words with Gods" is part of the project led by Arriaga "The Heart Beat Of The World," a film initiative that emerged in 2011 in Latin America that includes four films directed by a group of renowned international filmmakers that address the issues of religion, sex, politics and vices.
Arriaga, nominated for an Oscar for best original screenplay for "Babel" (2006), said they were looking for a person he could find the perfect way to intertwine the nine stories in this Mexican film.
"We wanted that person to be an intellectual, so we chose Vargas Llosa. We talked to him, and then we met, he saw the movie two or three times. After seeing the pictures, he went home at night and called to tell me he had it solved," said the also director.
"We didn't want to bring an editor who would only connect the stories, there had to be a reason of being, a logic of why a short and then another, and Vargas Llosa was definitely that person we were looking for," added the producer Alex Garcia, Arriaga's partner in this project.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response