July 08--Tonight is a real treat for Marilyn Monroe fans. Of course, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon are popular actors -- at least in the day -- too. Yep! "Some Like It Hot" (1959) airs at 9 p.m. on TCM.
Billy Wilder directs the gangster spoof in which two musicians (Curtis and Lemmon) witness a mob hit and flee with with an all-female band. Of course, they're in drag with hilarious results.
What do you remember about other films in which these three stars appeared?
1. What was the name of the film Monroe worked on at the time of her death in 1962?
2. Who was Monroe's brunette co-star in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes?"
3. Monroe starred in one Marx Brothers movie -- which one?
4. Curtis was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for which film?
5. Curtis portrayed which famous real-life criminal in "The Boston Strangler?"
6. Curtis portrayed which famous real-life escape artist in a 1953 film?
7. Lemmon starred as John Gustafson in which two classic films opposite Walter Matthau?
8. Lemmon received two Academy Awards for which two films?
Answers: 1. "Something's Got to Give." 2. Jane Russell. 3. "Love Happy" (1949). 4. "The Defiant Ones" (1958). 5. Albert DeSalvo. 6. Harry Houdini in "Houdini." 7. "Grumpy Old Men" (1993) and "Grumpier Old Men" (1995). 8. "Mister Roberts" (1955) and "Save the Tiger" (1973).
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant