Recording artist Lauryn Hill checked into the Federal Correctional Institution
in Danbury, Conn., Monday morning, officials said.
The 38-year-old former Fugees singer is serving a three-month sentence for tax evasion.
TMZ said the FCI is a minimum security facility where inmates live in barracks-type housing.
Hill pleaded guilty last year to three counts of tax evasion for failing to file returns on $1.8 million she earned from 2005 to 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States