SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/08/13 -- Sam Wahab, an analyst with Cantor Fitzgerald, stated in an interview with The Energy Report, "One company of note that I cover in the Gulf is Energy XXI (NASDAQ: EXXI). It entered the region in 2005 and purchased key assets from Exxon in 2010. The potential of U.S. exports has pushed the company to invest in the Gulf even more this year. The company budgeted a capex program of $750 million ($750M). Approximately 75% of the firm's fiscal 2013 budget targets development drilling, and 25% of the budget targets exploration drilling.
"Energy XXI has a geographically focused portfolio with some of the largest margins in the industry. It is focused on developing acquired properties while ramping up a complementary exploration program designed to provide organic growth. Also, it has more than 120 million barrels oil equivalent (120 MMboe) in proved reserves. It is set to soon produce 50,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, of which 70% is oil. The signs look good for this company."
This is an excerpt from the Streetwise Reports interview with Sam Wahab, oil and gas analyst at Cantor Fitzgerald, "How Exporting US Gas Will Transform Global Energy Markets."
To read the entire interview and Sam Wahab's comments on other companies, visit The Energy Report.
About Streetwise Reports, LLC.
Investors rely on Streetwise Reports to share investment ideas in a changing world. Our exclusive interviews with leading industry experts and analysts provide a clear picture of the causes of macro-economic shifts and the strategies that will help you capitalize on these developing trends. This valuable insight is integrated with in-depth company information, summaries from the latest research and news that will help you make smart investment decisions.
Streetwise Reports, LLC - The Energy Report
Email: Email Contact
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'