If you remember teasing out your hair and belting along to "Girls Just Want to Have Fun," then you might want to head to NJPAC, where Cyndi Lauper will be re-creating her 1983 debut "She's So Unusual" onstage.
TELL ME MORE: The Technicolor-haired singer now has a Tony Award (for the music and lyrics to "Kinky Boots," which also won best new musical) to go along with two Grammy Awards, including best new artist (1984) and an Emmy Award (for her guest spot in "Mad About You," 1995). That puts her one Oscar short of an EGOT, as the acronym goes. Maybe, 28 years after "The Goonies," it's time for another movie theme?
Her current tour is to commemorate the 30th anniversary of "She's So Unusual." Songs you can expect to hear at NJPAC include "Time After Time" and "She Bop," along with the title track. Garland Jeffreys opens.
DETAILS: $39 to $79. 1 Center St. 888-466-5722 or njpac.org. Also performing 8 p.m. Wednesday (Hunter Valentine opens) at the Beacon Theatre, 2124 Broadway, Manhattan. $35 to $100. Ticketmaster or beaconthe atrenyc.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
-- Marlaina Cockcroft
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say