If you remember teasing out your hair and belting along to "Girls Just Want to Have Fun," then you might want to head to NJPAC, where Cyndi Lauper will be re-creating her 1983 debut "She's So Unusual" onstage.
TELL ME MORE: The Technicolor-haired singer now has a Tony Award (for the music and lyrics to "Kinky Boots," which also won best new musical) to go along with two Grammy Awards, including best new artist (1984) and an Emmy Award (for her guest spot in "Mad About You," 1995). That puts her one Oscar short of an EGOT, as the acronym goes. Maybe, 28 years after "The Goonies," it's time for another movie theme?
Her current tour is to commemorate the 30th anniversary of "She's So Unusual." Songs you can expect to hear at NJPAC include "Time After Time" and "She Bop," along with the title track. Garland Jeffreys opens.
DETAILS: $39 to $79. 1 Center St. 888-466-5722 or njpac.org. Also performing 8 p.m. Wednesday (Hunter Valentine opens) at the Beacon Theatre, 2124 Broadway, Manhattan. $35 to $100. Ticketmaster or beaconthe atrenyc.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
-- Marlaina Cockcroft
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors