Actress Sophia Loren is to star in a film adaptation of the play "The Human
Voice" to be directed by her son, Edoardo Ponti, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Based on a work by French philosopher and writer Jean Cocteau, the Italian-language film is expected to take three weeks to shoot, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said Friday.
Loren, 78, last appeared on the big screen in the 2009 movie musical "Nine."
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department