Actress Sophia Loren is to star in a film adaptation of the play "The Human
Voice" to be directed by her son, Edoardo Ponti, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Based on a work by French philosopher and writer Jean Cocteau, the Italian-language film is expected to take three weeks to shoot, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said Friday.
Loren, 78, last appeared on the big screen in the 2009 movie musical "Nine."
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy