CHARLOTTETOWN, PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND -- (Marketwired) -- 07/06/13 -- The facts: 13 cities. 18 Days. 11,000 kilometres. 250,000 pounds of food. One epic road trip starting in Newfoundland and ending in British Columbia.
Five Hole for Food founder, Richard Loat and his friends are driving coast-to-coast tour for the fourth year and playing ball hockey in 13 cities to feed hungry Canadians.
Just bring a hockey stick to play in a drop-in ball hockey game. There is no charge to play; participants and spectators are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item or cash donation. Volunteers from The Upper Room Food Bank will be on site to collected donations.
WHO: Five Hole for Food
WHAT: Charity ball hockey game to collect donations for local food banks
WHEN: Saturday, July 6, noon- 4p.m.
WHERE: Charlottetown Event Grounds - 360 Grafton St.
WHY: Proceeds will benefit The Upper Room Food Bank
For more information, visit http://www.FiveHoleforFood.com.
Media inquiries, please contact:
FHFF media relations
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women