CHARLOTTETOWN, PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND -- (Marketwired) -- 07/06/13 -- The facts: 13 cities. 18 Days. 11,000 kilometres. 250,000 pounds of food. One epic road trip starting in Newfoundland and ending in British Columbia.
Five Hole for Food founder, Richard Loat and his friends are driving coast-to-coast tour for the fourth year and playing ball hockey in 13 cities to feed hungry Canadians.
Just bring a hockey stick to play in a drop-in ball hockey game. There is no charge to play; participants and spectators are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item or cash donation. Volunteers from The Upper Room Food Bank will be on site to collected donations.
WHO: Five Hole for Food
WHAT: Charity ball hockey game to collect donations for local food banks
WHEN: Saturday, July 6, noon- 4p.m.
WHERE: Charlottetown Event Grounds - 360 Grafton St.
WHY: Proceeds will benefit The Upper Room Food Bank
For more information, visit http://www.FiveHoleforFood.com.
Media inquiries, please contact:
FHFF media relations
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers