In the Loop Saturday, BBC2, 10.45pm POLITICAL comedy based on the TV sitcom The Thick of It, starring Tom Hollander, Peter Capaldi and the late, great James Gandolfini. With war in the Middle East seemingly on the cards, naive junior minister Simon Foster incurs the wrath of the PM's cynical director of communications Malcolm Tucker when his comment that conflict is unforeseeable is picked up by the US antiwar lobby.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Sunday, Channel 5, 6pm MUSICAL family fantasy which actually has to be amongst the weirdest and most disturbing films ever made. Dick Van Dyke stars as an inventor who restores a clapped-out racing car which turns out to have magical powers. Or is it all merely a bizarre dream? Make sure the kids don't have nightmares after the terrifying Child Catcher shenanigans.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say