In the Loop Saturday, BBC2, 10.45pm POLITICAL comedy based on the TV sitcom The Thick of It, starring Tom Hollander, Peter Capaldi and the late, great James Gandolfini. With war in the Middle East seemingly on the cards, naive junior minister Simon Foster incurs the wrath of the PM's cynical director of communications Malcolm Tucker when his comment that conflict is unforeseeable is picked up by the US antiwar lobby.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Sunday, Channel 5, 6pm MUSICAL family fantasy which actually has to be amongst the weirdest and most disturbing films ever made. Dick Van Dyke stars as an inventor who restores a clapped-out racing car which turns out to have magical powers. Or is it all merely a bizarre dream? Make sure the kids don't have nightmares after the terrifying Child Catcher shenanigans.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs