In the Loop Saturday, BBC2, 10.45pm POLITICAL comedy based on the TV sitcom The Thick of It, starring Tom Hollander, Peter Capaldi and the late, great James Gandolfini. With war in the Middle East seemingly on the cards, naive junior minister Simon Foster incurs the wrath of the PM's cynical director of communications Malcolm Tucker when his comment that conflict is unforeseeable is picked up by the US antiwar lobby.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Sunday, Channel 5, 6pm MUSICAL family fantasy which actually has to be amongst the weirdest and most disturbing films ever made. Dick Van Dyke stars as an inventor who restores a clapped-out racing car which turns out to have magical powers. Or is it all merely a bizarre dream? Make sure the kids don't have nightmares after the terrifying Child Catcher shenanigans.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU