The Sound Of Music: Nottingham Arts Theatre It's no mean undertaking to stage a full-scale production of one of the greatest of all musicals. The Arts Theatre have gone ahead and done it. They have a hit on their hands. This is a triumph for the People's Theatre Company.
For The Love Of Mrs Brown: Capital FM Arena Fans simply adore the whole cast. They don't merely watch and laugh... they gasp, wince and worry through the flimsy plot, a vehicle for laugh after laugh after laugh.
The Ashes: Nottingham Playhouse The play's even more watch- worthy than it was two years back. The text seems to be sharper, an extra scene has been added, and back projection is more focused - arguably the piece is now somewhat over-dependent on film footage.
Dinosaur Pile-Up: The Bodega Matt Bigland is a fabulous musician blessed with the seemingly effortless ability to combine strong vocals, inventive songwriting and expert guitar playing. Mike Sheils remains one of the greatest drummers I've ever seen or heard.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia