The Sound Of Music: Nottingham Arts Theatre It's no mean undertaking to stage a full-scale production of one of the greatest of all musicals. The Arts Theatre have gone ahead and done it. They have a hit on their hands. This is a triumph for the People's Theatre Company.
For The Love Of Mrs Brown: Capital FM Arena Fans simply adore the whole cast. They don't merely watch and laugh... they gasp, wince and worry through the flimsy plot, a vehicle for laugh after laugh after laugh.
The Ashes: Nottingham Playhouse The play's even more watch- worthy than it was two years back. The text seems to be sharper, an extra scene has been added, and back projection is more focused - arguably the piece is now somewhat over-dependent on film footage.
Dinosaur Pile-Up: The Bodega Matt Bigland is a fabulous musician blessed with the seemingly effortless ability to combine strong vocals, inventive songwriting and expert guitar playing. Mike Sheils remains one of the greatest drummers I've ever seen or heard.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer