TWITTER has announced plans to start showing adverts based on users' browsing information.
The social networking site said it would be "experimenting with a way to make adverts on Twitter more useful" by displaying content from brands and businesses a user has shown interest in. It said: "Users won't see more ads on Twitter, but they may see better ones," A spokesman said: "The pilot is US-only, we don't have a timescale for roll-out more widely."
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25