TWITTER has announced plans to start showing adverts based on users' browsing information.
The social networking site said it would be "experimenting with a way to make adverts on Twitter more useful" by displaying content from brands and businesses a user has shown interest in. It said: "Users won't see more ads on Twitter, but they may see better ones," A spokesman said: "The pilot is US-only, we don't have a timescale for roll-out more widely."
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers