TWITTER has announced plans to start showing adverts based on users' browsing information.
The social networking site said it would be "experimenting with a way to make adverts on Twitter more useful" by displaying content from brands and businesses a user has shown interest in. It said: "Users won't see more ads on Twitter, but they may see better ones," A spokesman said: "The pilot is US-only, we don't have a timescale for roll-out more widely."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down