TWITTER has announced plans to start showing adverts based on users' browsing information.
The social networking site said it would be "experimenting with a way to make adverts on Twitter more useful" by displaying content from brands and businesses a user has shown interest in. It said: "Users won't see more ads on Twitter, but they may see better ones," A spokesman said: "The pilot is US-only, we don't have a timescale for roll-out more widely."
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Israeli Criticism of Kerry Annoys White House
- Contreras-Sweet to Speak at MED Week