JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/05/13 -- Net 1 UEPS Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: UEPS)(JSE: NT1) (the "Company" or "Net1") today announced the appointment of Dhruv Chopra as Managing Director and Country Head India effective July 15, 2013. Mr. Chopra will relocate to Mumbai and will be responsible for growing Net1's presence in the region. Mr. Chopra will also continue to oversee Net1's investor relations activities from Mumbai for the foreseeable future, will visit the Company's shareholders on a regular basis and continue to be responsive to investor requests. Mr. Chopra continues to be reachable via email on firstname.lastname@example.org and his new phone number and address will be posted to Net1's investor relations homepage as soon as practicable.
About Net1 (www.net1.com)
We are a leading provider of alternative payment systems that leverage our Universal Electronic Payment System, or UEPS, to facilitate biometrically secure real-time electronic transaction processing to unbanked and under-banked populations of developing economies around the world in an online or offline environment. In addition to payments, UEPS can be used for banking, healthcare management, payroll, remittances, voting and identification.
We operate market-leading payment processors in South Africa, Republic of Korea and Ghana. In addition, our proprietary Mobile Virtual Card technology offers secure mobile payments and banking services in developed and emerging countries.
We have a primary listing on the Nasdaq and a secondary listing on the JSE Limited.
Net 1 UEPS Technologies Inc.
Vice President of Investor Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007