OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/05/13 -- - The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Marc Mayrand, has accepted a request for the voluntary deregistration of the First Peoples National Party of Canada, effective July 31, 2013.
- The request was submitted to the Chief Electoral Officer in a letter filed in accordance with section 388 of the Canada Elections Act, dated June 30, 2013, and signed by the party's Leader, Chief Agent and Secretary.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration, and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's Web site.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power