OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/05/13 -- - The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Marc Mayrand, has accepted a request for the voluntary deregistration of the First Peoples National Party of Canada, effective July 31, 2013.
- The request was submitted to the Chief Electoral Officer in a letter filed in accordance with section 388 of the Canada Elections Act, dated June 30, 2013, and signed by the party's Leader, Chief Agent and Secretary.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration, and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's Web site.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him