OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/05/13 -- - The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Marc Mayrand, has accepted a request for the voluntary deregistration of the First Peoples National Party of Canada, effective July 31, 2013.
- The request was submitted to the Chief Electoral Officer in a letter filed in accordance with section 388 of the Canada Elections Act, dated June 30, 2013, and signed by the party's Leader, Chief Agent and Secretary.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration, and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's Web site.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid