OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/05/13 -- - The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Marc Mayrand, has accepted a request for the voluntary deregistration of the First Peoples National Party of Canada, effective July 31, 2013.
- The request was submitted to the Chief Electoral Officer in a letter filed in accordance with section 388 of the Canada Elections Act, dated June 30, 2013, and signed by the party's Leader, Chief Agent and Secretary.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration, and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's Web site.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB