I am confused between the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One. Which one is the best?
--Anubhav Nayar, Priya Puri
All three are fine smartphones: The iPhone 5 sports a fantastic aluminium unibody design; runs iOS, an operating system that is easy to use; and comes with a huge collection of great apps that run without a hitch. Also, this handset has one of the best cameras on a smartphone (though, in tests, we saw some purple fringing at the edge of photos when the light source was out of the frame). The biggest issue with the Apple device, however, is its screen size, which is too small to allow for a great multimedia, web browsing, or typing experience.
HTC One is a beautiful gadget that comes with a vibrant FullHD screen and superb speakers. The device runs Android, customized with HTC's Sense UI that looks great. The camera, though good, is not in the league of what the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy 4 offer. But here you get a device that marries form with function.
As far as battery is concerned, all three devices average around 11 to 13 hours to give you up to a day's use. Still, leave your home without a charger at your own risk.
And finally, the price. If you don't mind the plastic body and just 8GB of internal storage, the Galaxy S4 offers the best value at around Rs 39,000. The HTC One (32GB internal), costing Rs 43,000, is a good choice if you want an all-round , goodlooking Android phone. And buy the iPhone 5 (16GB), at Rs 45,000, if you want an OS that comes with the best exclusive apps created for a smartphone.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film