Curtis Jackson, U.S. hip-hop artist known as 50 Cent, is denying he kicked the
mother of his child and committed property damage during an argument in June.
"Curtis Jackson denies these allegations as made against him. It is important to note, Mr. Jackson has not been arrested and there is no warrant outstanding for his arrest," the rapper's lawyer said in a statement to TMZ Thursday. "We have been in contact with the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office and are currently conducting our own investigation into these allegations."
The celebrity news website said the recording artist was charged this week with domestic violence following an alleged dispute at his ex-girlfriend's Toluca Lake, Calif., home.
He was charged with one count of misdemeanor domestic violence and four counts of misdemeanor vandalism.
50 Cent is to be arraigned July 22.
The Los Angeles Times quoted prosecutors as saying the musician had a three-year relationship with the alleged victim that produced one child.
The woman's identity, and the age and gender of the child were not reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana