TICKETS are flying for the global musical phenomenon that tells the incredible untold story of the Witches of Oz.
The strictly limited nine-week season will run from Wednesday July 9 until Saturday September 6 2014 as part of the award-winning musical's major UK and Ireland tour. Recently acclaimed as one of the most popular West End musicals ever (London Evening Standard), the record-breaking London production continues its open-ended run at the Apollo Victoria Theatre where tickets are currently on sale until April 26 2014.
Wicked is eligible for this year's Olivier Award for the BBC Radio 2 'Audience Award', the only Olivier Award voted for by the public.
Voting, which closes on March 18 2014, is via the following link www.olivierawards.com/vote Wicked has already been seen by over 36 million people around the world and has six productions running concurrently.
The original Broadway production remains Broadway's biggest blockbuster where it is now in its 10th anniversary year. The West End production is in its seventh year at London's Apollo Victoria Theatre, where it is already the 16th longest-running West End musical of all time.
Based on the novel by Gregory Maguire that ingeniously reimagines the stories and characters created by L Frank Baum in 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz', Wicked tells the incredible untold story of an unlikely but profound friendship between two girls who first meet as sorcery students.
Their adventures in Oz will ultimately see them fulfil their destinies as Glinda The Good and the Wicked Witch of the West.
Wicked has music and lyrics by multi GRAMMY(R) and Academy Award(R) winner Stephen Schwartz, a book by Winnie Holzman, musical staging by Wayne Cilento and is directed by two-time Tony Award(R) winner and Olivier nominee Joe Mantello.
Visit www.WickedTour.co.uk for more.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM