The Cutting Hall Film Series brings movies to the big screen in Palatine at historic Cutting Hall Performing Arts Center, 150 E. Wood St. A special Palatine Hometown Fest presentation of the film "1776" will be shown 7 p.m. Thursday, July 4.
"1776" is the 1972 film version of the Broadway musical comedy of the same name. In the days leading up to July 4, 1776, Continental Congressmen John Adams and Benjamin Franklin try to coerce Thomas Jefferson into writing the Declaration of Independence as they attempt to persuade the American colonies to support a resolution on independence.
As George Washing sends depressing messages describing one military disaster after another, the men in Congress all stand in the way of the Declaration, and a single "nay" vote will forever end the question of independence.
Tickets are regularly $6, but the theater is offering a ticket special for this showing. The 50 percent off coupon code is: SITDOWNJOHN; the code is not case sensitive. Tickets can be purchased at or (847) 202-5222.
For details, visit or contact Jeff Greene, theater coordinator, at (847) 991-5318 or .
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana