British television personality Simon Cowell is to be a first-time father at age
53, UsMagazine.com reported.
"The X Factor" judge and producer is expecting a baby with New York socialite Lauren Silverman, the estranged wife of his friend, real-estate mogul Andrew Silverman, the report said.
"She's around 10 weeks along," an insider told the magazine.
"Lauren and Andrew have been unhappy in their marriage for some time, and their divorce has been in the works for a while," a second source said. "As their marriage deteriorated, she and Simon became close."
Lauren is expected to move to Los Angeles so she and Cowell can raise the child together, the magazine said.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- Toyota Camry: Designed in Michigan
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- US Tallying, Targeting IS Funding Sources
- Market on Track for Best Week in 2 Years