British television personality Simon Cowell is to be a first-time father at age
53, UsMagazine.com reported.
"The X Factor" judge and producer is expecting a baby with New York socialite Lauren Silverman, the estranged wife of his friend, real-estate mogul Andrew Silverman, the report said.
"She's around 10 weeks along," an insider told the magazine.
"Lauren and Andrew have been unhappy in their marriage for some time, and their divorce has been in the works for a while," a second source said. "As their marriage deteriorated, she and Simon became close."
Lauren is expected to move to Los Angeles so she and Cowell can raise the child together, the magazine said.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips