British television personality Simon Cowell is to be a first-time father at age
53, UsMagazine.com reported.
"The X Factor" judge and producer is expecting a baby with New York socialite Lauren Silverman, the estranged wife of his friend, real-estate mogul Andrew Silverman, the report said.
"She's around 10 weeks along," an insider told the magazine.
"Lauren and Andrew have been unhappy in their marriage for some time, and their divorce has been in the works for a while," a second source said. "As their marriage deteriorated, she and Simon became close."
Lauren is expected to move to Los Angeles so she and Cowell can raise the child together, the magazine said.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- WTO Makes Progress on Trade Deal
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data