Communications and Information Technology Minister
Covering categories ranging from entertainment and commerce to health and education, the awards are an opportunity to showcase
The eight finalists are DigitalNZ,
Ms Adams says the finalists demonstrate the potential for information and communications technology to stimulate innovation, increase productivity, and grow
"It is great to see
The Government's broadband initiatives will increasingly support new uses of ICT by
For more information on the Worlds Summit Awards go to: http://www.wsa-awards.org.nz/index.html
* DigitalNZ helps organisations aggregate and share a wealth of
* Loomio is a new online tool for collaborative decision-making, which was itself created through a collaborative process. Loomio offers a solution to global issues of inclusion in decision-making. It uses a user-friendly interface to provide an accessible, neutral space for any group, and guide online discussion to clear outcomes. Loomio is an open-source application.
* Maori Maps takes the preservation of Maori cultural sites into the digital era. It offers information, photographs and maps for almost 750 ancestral marae, using an interactive navigational and informational tool based on Google Maps, that lets users navigate by a range of filters to locate marae. In English and Maori versions, it enables visitors and descendants to find marae, learn their history and understand protocols around visiting these protected cultural centres.
* Maori Television provides a wide range of local and international content for television and online audiences. Its new website provides viewers with access to the most popular programmes as well as the latest in news and current affairs with a Maori perspective.
* Ponoko makes it easy for designers to make and sell their product ideas by providing direct online access to manufacturing and consumers. This process reduces the cost and time needed to turn ideas into real products that designers can sell. Designers upload their designs and select curated materials online, so they can instantly verify, price and order prototypes and custom products.
* Radio New Zealand's upgraded website has a simple, clean and effective layout, which is focussed on accessibility and delivers real-time and on demand audio content. The Science Learning Hub showcases
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List