U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry reported Wednesday he has closed his
political action committee Campaign for our Country, donating funds to four
The PAC disbursed $6,941, equally divided among the Diplomatic Security Foundation, Diplitots Inc., the FSN Emergency Relief Fund and the Senior Living Foundation.
Kerry's campaign committee, John Kerry for Senate, reported it had $186,638 in cash on hand as of June 30, and refunded $6,600 to contributors and paid $7,500 to the U.S. Department of the Treasury for "disgorged funds."
The closing of the PAC signifies a move away from electoral politics for the former Massachusetts senator, the Washington newspaper Roll Call said.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise