U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry reported Wednesday he has closed his
political action committee Campaign for our Country, donating funds to four
The PAC disbursed $6,941, equally divided among the Diplomatic Security Foundation, Diplitots Inc., the FSN Emergency Relief Fund and the Senior Living Foundation.
Kerry's campaign committee, John Kerry for Senate, reported it had $186,638 in cash on hand as of June 30, and refunded $6,600 to contributors and paid $7,500 to the U.S. Department of the Treasury for "disgorged funds."
The closing of the PAC signifies a move away from electoral politics for the former Massachusetts senator, the Washington newspaper Roll Call said.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost