U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry reported Wednesday he has closed his
political action committee Campaign for our Country, donating funds to four
The PAC disbursed $6,941, equally divided among the Diplomatic Security Foundation, Diplitots Inc., the FSN Emergency Relief Fund and the Senior Living Foundation.
Kerry's campaign committee, John Kerry for Senate, reported it had $186,638 in cash on hand as of June 30, and refunded $6,600 to contributors and paid $7,500 to the U.S. Department of the Treasury for "disgorged funds."
The closing of the PAC signifies a move away from electoral politics for the former Massachusetts senator, the Washington newspaper Roll Call said.
Most Popular Stories
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Jan Brewer Out on Term Limits