It may not be the most stylish smartphone on the market, but when it comes to price, the Huawei Ascend
The phone, which only comes in black, is simple and has few bells and whistles. But, it offers most of the amenities cell users are seeking.
It has an Android 2.3 interface, a 1GhZ CPU, 512 MB ROM and 256 MB RAM, 3.5-inch display screen and a two mega-pixel camera.
The operating system of the
The cheap cost may entice buyers, but inevitably the phone does have several drawbacks.
For starters, the internal memory is only 18 MB. After downloading a few apps and snapping a couple pictures, you'll either have to buy an SD memory card or start deleting.
In addition, it has a smaller screen and bulkier body than most sleek new smartphones. It also only has one camera. So, if you primarily use your phone for taking well-framed selfies or
So far, however, Kenyans are responding with great enthusiasm for the phone. After only being on the Kenyan market for three months, the
"We sold about 200 in three days from our location," says
A new stock of the
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers