The US Federal Reserve on Wednesday said it
would continue its bond buying programme to bolster the US economy
and kept its benchmark interest rate at record low levels.
The latest round of bond buying was launched in September at a pace of 85 billion dollars a month, or about 1 trillion dollars a year in the 16-trillion-dollar US economy.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia