WOULD you eat anything prepared by Janet Street-Porter? Bearing in mind her favourite meal is hay.
The presenter is one of 16 'famous' faces from sport, music, TV and showbusiness to battle it out in this year's Celebrity MasterChef. The first four to feel the heat of the kitchen are Street-Porter, Sugababes singer Heidi Range, comedian Katy Brand, and Jo Wood, ex-wife of Rolling Stones Ronnie.
Their initial challenge is the 'mystery box', which sees them presented with a range of ingredients and told simply to cook something, a bit like the old approach to school dinners. Will any of them feel adventurous enough to use the spider crab lurking in their container? Even if it's just to put down the trousers of John Torode. Next they have to recreate Torode's Chinese duck noodle soup and wontons without seeing the recipe, before finally being given a catering task - providing lunch for the hungry acrobats of Cirque du Soleil. But what's the most convenient thing to consume on a high- wire? Other celebrities taking part are stoolbased Boyzone warbler Shane Lynch, Coronation Street villain Brian Capron, actor and musician Ade Edmondson, Emmerdale's Denise Black, comedian Shappi Khorsandi, comic actors Les Dennis and John Thomson, musician Speech Debelle, presenter Miranda Krestovnikoff, triple jumper Phillips Idowu, cricketer Matthew Hoggard, and boxer Joe Calzaghe.
In the interests of the show's budget, Nicholas Soames's application was refused.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant