A CHOIR is set to take to the stage at a prestigious music festival. Members of St Mary's Church, High Pavement, Nottingham, will perform at the Preggio Music Festival, in Italy, today.
This will be the second time they have attended the event and they will perform music spanning 400 years, as well as a piece written especially for them by world-renowned organist Lionel Rogg.
Director of music John Keys, from St Mary's Church, said: It is a great privilege to perform at the festival in Preggio. We're delighted to be returning and hopefully the varied programme of music we will perform out there will be as well-received as it was last year. The Preggio festival began 31 years ago to host national and international artists along with young talent from Umbria, Italy, to help promote and celebrate the cultural life of the area.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs