July 31--EDMOND -- Freegal Music Services became available this week to Edmond Library card holders. Library patrons may download the service three times a week, said Melody Kellogg, library manager.
A new music download service with 10,000 music labels are available for patrons to download music free of charge. The assortment of music is updated once a week, she said.
"You can save your downloaded songs to a CD, DVD, or flash drive," Kellogg said.
"It's yours to keep forever."
Freegal Music Services may be downloaded from a phone. It is one of the library's easiest services to use, said Todd Podvemny, assistant manager. There are no restrictions for ownership, he said.
"They have a whole lot of artists in there. What they have listed is the top 10 for the nation and the top 10 for Oklahoma City," Podvemny said.
Music CDs are available for checkout for library patrons who want to have access to more than three songs at a time, he said.
Edmond Library, 10 S. Blvd., is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday-Thursday; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and 1-6 p.m., Sunday.
FOR MORE information about Freegal Music Services, visit http://www.metrolibrary.org/freegal/
firstname.lastname@example.org -- 341-2121
(c)2013 The Edmond Sun (Edmond, Okla.)
Visit The Edmond Sun (Edmond, Okla.) at www.edmondsun.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing