Syrian President Bashar Assad has joined photo-sharing site Instagram, posting
pictures of himself with sick and elderly citizens.
Assad's Instagram account, syrianpresidency, features photos of the leader comforting sick citizens, feeding the elderly and posing with residents of the country, The Daily Telegraph, Britain, reported Wednesday.
The account also features numerous photos of the president's wife, Asma Assad.
The Instagram account was opened last week amid news the death toll from the Syrian civil war had surpassed 100,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Joseph Swedish: WellPoint Readies for Tech Wave
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks