Upon analysis of the embedded links, Thirtyseven4 Researchers found that by clicking the links, a user will be directed to a website that prompts the user to download a fake Adobe Flash update. Users installing the update will inadvertently install a Trojan belonging to the Zeus malware family. [A Trojan is a type of malware that pretends to perform a specific function but instead does harm by performing a malicious action, such as granting unauthorized access to a user's computer.] The infamous Zeus family of malware is well-known for its ability to steal personal and banking information. “With regard to the Trojan Zeus, once it infects a system it keeps itself concealed until the user browses to a financial or banking website in which case it awakens to retrieve and relay the entered account credentials,” stated
“Whether it’s President
Thirtyseven4 suggests four simple steps to avoid falling victim to Zeus and other similar attacks:
1. When interested in hot news topics, go to a reputable news source website by typing in the web address directly in to the browser.
2. Never click ‘Ok’, ’Yes’, or similar if a message box should appear seeking or giving permission to install some component, object or update, when visiting or being re-directed to unknown websites.
3. Make sure that antivirus software is installed and that its’ virus database files are up-to-date.
4. Maintain regular operating system updates.
A technical description of Zeus has been posted at: http://thirtyseven4.com/trojan_zeus.html.
Evaluation licenses of Thirtyseven4 Antivirus are available at: http://thirtyseven4.com/downloads.html. For more information contact Thirtyseven4 at 877-374-7581.
Born out of a desire to better connect antivirus protection solutions with premium customer support and service,
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10979229.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal