The Israeli company will not elaborate on the effort, but says it is an "expected evolution" for the proven Litening design, more than 1,400 of which have been sold by it and its US partner
Other business is coming in the form of high demand to provide upgrades for previous examples of the Litening, the source says, noting: "The system is modular, so we can upgrade it relatively easily with [new] sensors and electronics."
The current Litening G4 includes a digital forward-looking infrared sensor and an improved TV sensor for daytime imaging, and a datalink that enables the system to receive a variety of inputs from multiple sources.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim