By MARK KENNEDY
NEW YORK - The hit Broadway musical "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" is losing its superhero but producers are holding open casting calls for anyone who wants to put on the red and blue suit.
Reeve Carney, who has been playing the musical's title character and his alter ego Peter Parker since the show began previews in late 2010, is leaving Sept. 15 and two casting calls will be held to find his replacement, as well as a future Mary Jane.
The casting calls will be held in New York on Aug. 19 at Stage 48 & Sky-Lounge and in Los Angeles on Aug. 12 at the Hollywood United Methodist Church. Those auditioning are asked to sing a rock song a capella that shows of their range.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling