By MARK KENNEDY
NEW YORK - The hit Broadway musical "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" is losing its superhero but producers are holding open casting calls for anyone who wants to put on the red and blue suit.
Reeve Carney, who has been playing the musical's title character and his alter ego Peter Parker since the show began previews in late 2010, is leaving Sept. 15 and two casting calls will be held to find his replacement, as well as a future Mary Jane.
The casting calls will be held in New York on Aug. 19 at Stage 48 & Sky-Lounge and in Los Angeles on Aug. 12 at the Hollywood United Methodist Church. Those auditioning are asked to sing a rock song a capella that shows of their range.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?