By MARK KENNEDY
NEW YORK - The hit Broadway musical "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" is losing its superhero but producers are holding open casting calls for anyone who wants to put on the red and blue suit.
Reeve Carney, who has been playing the musical's title character and his alter ego Peter Parker since the show began previews in late 2010, is leaving Sept. 15 and two casting calls will be held to find his replacement, as well as a future Mary Jane.
The casting calls will be held in New York on Aug. 19 at Stage 48 & Sky-Lounge and in Los Angeles on Aug. 12 at the Hollywood United Methodist Church. Those auditioning are asked to sing a rock song a capella that shows of their range.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.