By MARK KENNEDY
NEW YORK - The hit Broadway musical "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" is losing its superhero but producers are holding open casting calls for anyone who wants to put on the red and blue suit.
Reeve Carney, who has been playing the musical's title character and his alter ego Peter Parker since the show began previews in late 2010, is leaving Sept. 15 and two casting calls will be held to find his replacement, as well as a future Mary Jane.
The casting calls will be held in New York on Aug. 19 at Stage 48 & Sky-Lounge and in Los Angeles on Aug. 12 at the Hollywood United Methodist Church. Those auditioning are asked to sing a rock song a capella that shows of their range.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models